On the web site ICPSR writes this about these guidelines:
Many federal funding agencies, including NIH and most recently NSF, are requiring that grant applications contain data management plans for projects involving data collection. To support researchers in meeting this requirement, ICPSR is providing guidance on creating such plans.
The guidelines include:
- A List of Federal Agency Policies on Data Management and Sharing
- Elements of a Data Management Plan
- Data Management Plan Resources and Examples
- Other Data Management Plan Examples
- Depositing Data with ICPSR for Long-term Data Management
- List of Links Related to Data Management and Data Sharing
- A Guide to Preparing Data
The guidelines contain a lot of really great information on how to effectively manage data; the information in the ICPSR guidelines is not just relevant to Social Science data managers, but to all data managers.